Why hire The Portable Scribe for your transcription needs?
- More than 35 years of transcription experience with clients from a broad range of fields including psychiatry, oral history, law, medicine, science and academia.
- Experienced with individual or multiple speakers including identifying speakers in group discussions.
- Experienced in both true verbatim (capturing all utterances) and clean verbatim (removing stammers, ums, you knows, etc.), as well as enhanced editing of clean verbatim if requested.
- Night and weekend availability to help meet your deadlines.
- Background in writing to ensure correct spelling, grammar and punctuation.
What does it cost to use The Portable Scribe's transcription services?
The cost for a transcript depends on whether it is true verbatim (capturing all utterances and stammers), clean verbatim (removing stammers, ums, you knows, etc.) or clean and edit (editing content as I type, useful to remove irrelevant remarks and repetition). The following are examples of each:
True verbatim: "It's a little, um, um, cold -- I think they, you know, put the temp -- the temperature up, but welcome ev-everyone to today's seminar."
Clean verbatim: "It's a little cold. I think they put the temperature up. But welcome everyone to today's seminar."
Clean and edit: "Welcome everyone to today's seminar."
- $1.75 per audio minute for true verbatim (capturing all utterances) or basic clean verbatim.
- $2.25 per audio minute for clean and edit (enhanced editing).
- 10 cents extra per minute for time stamps.
- Other charges as agreed upon for 24-hour rush jobs or audios that are difficult to hear or understand.
How does the transcription process work?
- Clients send audio or video files through secure sharing services such as DropBox, WeTransfer or Google Drive, or email for smaller files.
- Transcripts are sent back within an agreed-upon time via a sharing service or email depending on the level of confidentiality required to be HIPAA-compliant.